FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS

Monday, December 5, 2011

REMINDER

"Just a thought I wanted to post as we head into the chaos of the holiday season"

Wealth does not consist of having great possessions,

Wealth consists of having few wants.

There is much joy found in being content with what we have and where we are in life.  I admit, I too get caught up in the gimmies and the wants, but I often stop and pause for the moment.  I ask myself, what joy will come from the acquisition of this item.  Will I love it and treasure it for many years to come, or will it end up being another part of the clutter and regret of past impulse purchases? 

I choose to not clutter up my world or anyone else's by giving only gifts of food, drink, maybe something handcrafted just for that special person, and memories.  Ultimately you will remember that great meal shared with family and friends far longer than the trinket you gave or were given. 

I am not trying to say that everyone should give up their holiday traditions of gift giving and sharing, I only want to get people to give some real thought to what is really meaningful in life, and think about what you do just out of habit or guilt.  Speak up, talk to the people you really care about, chances are they too will be relieved at the thought of trading in the stress and old habits for the true meaning of sharing and caring about what really matters in life.  That would be a truly valuable experience.  Share the wealth and "rock on"!!

No comments: