FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS

Sunday, December 11, 2011

MAGICKAL BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Oh, how I just love this time of year.  All the festivities and decorations are just soooooo inspiring.  And my Mother's birthday (Dec 25th) and my birthday (Dec 11th) are thrown into the holiday mix. 

To start this fun-filled weekend my friend, Ametrine and I went to a Christmas concert at our local high school.  We started the evening at a cozy restaurant, drinking pints of raspberry beer and consuming a wonderful chicken marsala dinner. 

The band that played is called "Twelve-Twenty Four", you can check them out on facebook.  They are our local version of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and believe me, they DO NOT DISAPPOINT.  They are truly talented and amazing!  We finished the evening at my house with glasses of Carolans Irish Creme and an early piece of birthday cake. 

Next comes Saturday evening, with my Husband Dan, the best chef ever, slaving over the stove to prepare my Birthday feast. 

THE MENU
Fresh House Salad/w blue cheese
Kobe Beef Tenderloin
Tender Bay Scallops
Two Cheese Potato AuGratin
French Green Beans w/creamy bacon sauce
Wine: Beaujolais Nouveau
DESSERT
Homemade German Chocalate Cake w/coconut pecan frosting!
Carolans Irish Creme on the rocks

WOW! Needless to say I probably should not eat the rest of the week.


No comments: