FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS

Sunday, June 13, 2010

"ALWAYS A STARTER, NEVER A FINISHER"

You know the old cliche', "always a bridesmaid, never a bride".  That is the analogy that best fits my life. It seems that I have started this and started that, whatever has peaked my interest at the moment, but I never seem to follow through or finish or "commit" to any thing for very long. I am never the bride, because I can't stay interested enough to commit for life. 

I was born under the Sagittarius sign, which is best known as a wanderer and traveler, so maybe that is part of my make-up that always has me seeing the grass is always greener anywhere but where I am at. 

 I have read, studied, subscribed, purchased and on and on, every book, CD, DVD, movie, seminar, etc. that I am always sure is "The One" that will change my life.  So what have I gained from all this?  

 I am looking for clarity and direction and the discovery of my true passion.  What really drives me and excites me and gets me out of bed in the morning raring to go????? 

 I believe that I have a fear of finally committing  to something and it will be the wrong choice. Or committing to one thing, and then I have to give up all the other things that interest me? I have taken all the tests and quizzes about likes, dis-likes, personality, but to no avail.

So, you may ask, what is all this rambling about? Do I finally get to the moral of the story?

No.

I am just going to keep on being a seeker and follow whatever the moment brings me.  I am going to relax and stop worrying about "living my bliss', or "finding my passion".  Frankly, I am a little bit tired of hearing the word "BLISS".. It is starting to become annoying. (but I do still like the word "passion"so I will not rule that out of my life).

If anyone out there can relate to this post or has any suggestions for me, I would love to hear from you.  Until then I am just going to blog away about whatever catches my mind at the moment, and I will stop worrying about catching the "bouquet".  The bouquet is probably red and pink roses anyway, and I prefer "yellow".  See what I mean!!!!!!! 

No comments: